Job Description: CAD Technician / Engineering Assistant
Want to join a team at a small business which allows you to gain experience in an assortment of tasks? Like a company with a comprehensive benefits program for eligible employees, designed to add more value the longer the employee dedicates their service? This could be a fit for you! A self-motivated candidate could see potential for growth in responsibilities.
**Click for Employment Application here.**
- Create AutoCAD drawings of a civil engineering / architectural nature, drawn based off structural calculations and design layouts given to them, and used for permitting and building new construction canopies
- Structural drawings
- Footing drawings
- Installation drawings
- Uses AutoCAD to support engineering department with routine layouts, assembly drawings, various detail drawings and sketches
- Assist in tracking inventory of stock parts throughout year
- In charge of UPS shipping out of engineering office and shop
- Create physical job folders & labels
- Scan and/or copy plans to send to engineers and clients
- Various office duties
- On occasion answer phone
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2014 Lt & Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to use Adobe, Word, Access, Outlook
- Must have general computer skills
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently & have good communication skills
- Knowledge of steel construction, structural civil engineering, and/or architecture is a plus
Education and Training:
- This position is considered to be entry-level or likely for a candidate with a couple years of experience.
- Coursework can be in Civil Engineering – Structural (such as the associate degree program offered at MPTC), Architectural Drafting & Construction Technology, or other related fields that require drafting. This position can also grow to become a structural technician and include structural calculations for estimating, detailing components for shop fabrication, and more depending on education & skill level.
- We would consider hiring a student on a part-time basis with partial completion of their coursework to grow to full-time at the end of their training.
- Minimum Required Education Level = Job Related Coursework
- Preferred Education Level = Technical College Associate Degree
- $18 per hour for full-time position
- $37,440.00 yearly ($18 per hr. x 40 hrs. per week x 52 weeks)
King Manufacturing / Steel King Construction is a leader in designing and fabricating steel canopies mainly for gas stations in Waupun, WI. We have primarily served the fast-paced & nostalgic petroleum industry since 1926. We are a small business with about 16 combined office & fabrication employees, which allows an employee to gain experience in an assortment of tasks and to have variety in their duties each day.
In comparison to other companies, King Manufacturing puts a stronger emphasis on benefits than hourly wages, most evident in the retirement (profit sharing) plan. We sponsor a comprehensive benefits program for eligible full-time employees, designed to add more value the longer the employee dedicates their service. Benefits include:
- Dean Health Insurance
- Employee HRA and HSA (with weekly employer contributions)
- Employer Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Accidental Death, and Dismemberment Insurance
- 100% Employer-funded Retirement Plan (Profit Sharing)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Educational Assistance Training and Professional Development
- (8) Paid Holidays
- Vacation Time based on years of service
- Weekly earned PTO based on 40-hour work week
- Annual Bonus (based on tenure and performance)
- Supplemental insurance (Dental, Vision, additional Life, and more) is available for purchase with the eligible employee responsible for the full amount of the premium.
Ways to apply:
- In person from 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday at our location:
1100 S. Watertown Street, Waupun WI 53963
- Email applications/resumes to Sarah Weinberger: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail applications to Sarah’s attention